Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year...2009

I, like many others, am waiting with high hopes and anticipation for the Obama Inaugeration. This economy has effected our family, our two sons have jobs to look for in the new year. We are very optimistic though, because our family has known worse times.

My father and mother had many stories to tell of the depression years and I lived through the war years with them. Some of my earliest memories are of the radio addresses by our Presidents in those years. Also, the newsreels at the movies were bigger than life and very impressive.

After almost two decades of hardship for many, the 'dream time' in America began. We had survived those years and were making a new life. I feel like I was one of the lucky ones to have been in my 'prime' years during the best of times. I was born to an amazing mother and father, and had been raised in old fashion ways with old fashion morals and they have served me well.

Yes, we look forward to 2009, because we can, we will prevail.

No comments: